Why we should accept Gilgit Baltistan provisional province status? These are the key points mentioned in the new bill on which members of the GB Assembly are agreed and signed a year ago.
- 4% share will be given to Gilgit Baltistan in NFC award. The amount will be around 136 Billion rupees as per last year’s fiscal budget. The population of Gilgit Baltistan is 1% of the country’s total population.
- 2% CSS quota will be given to GB against the 1% of the population. GB is getting privilege in CSS quota as well.
- There will be no tax in Gilgit Baltistan till the resolution of the disputed status. Tax will remain un-active.
- All subsidies will remain the same, there will be no change or reduction of % in subsidies.
- The Assembly of Gilgit Baltistan will be having equal power to constitute any act to the rest of the four provinces of Pakistan.
- A clause will be added in article258 of the constitution of Pakistan; 258A will be describing the status of Gilgit Baltistan as a disputed territory. The fate of GB will be decided through plebiscites (Article 258. Government of territories outside Provinces.-Subject to the Constitution, until 1[Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] by law, otherwise provides, the President may, by Order, make provision for peace and good government of any part of Pakistan not forming part of a Province).
- A new clause in article 258 will demise the power of the Karachi Agreement. The dissolution of the Karachi agreement is a political win for Gilgit Baltistan.
- For the very first time, the state of Pakistan is accepting Gilgit Baltistan as a disputed territory of Pakistan. There was no official document available mentioning so in past.
- The disputed territory of Gilgit Baltistan in the constitution of Pakistan is a political win for the people of GB.
Gilgit Baltistan’s provisional status importance is unknown to many and all those are opposing it blindly. These 10 key points of the provisional province status of Gilgit Baltistan are most vital for the future of GB. There’s nothing against the will and interest of the people of GB in the provisional provincial status of Gilgit Baltistan.
Share you view in comment below!
One thought on “Why we should accept Gilgit Baltistan provisional province status?”
Can you provide me with the draft of the Provisional province of GB?