Apart from many countless good things, tourists are advised to avoid these things in Skardu. The list of ‘what not to do in Skardu’ are:
- Avoid long traveling after 3 pm. In the afternoon, there will be heavy wind most often. The wind speed looks so deadly for people living in lower areas such as Karachi, Lahore, or other parts of the world.
- Foreigners are advised to avoid hanging around if they are not familiar with the area except in Skardu city in the evening. People living in villages mostly do not understand ‘English’ and most importantly you will never gonna found anyone to help you after the sunset. Village people avoid hanging around after the sunset.
- Cultural norms regarding women are very strict in Gilgit Baltistan. If anyone is found committing any level of harassment, the consequence will be worst. So, avoid and be careful while handling or dealing with women.
- Respect their religious or cultural events. Such as, during the days of ‘Asad-Ashura Matam’ music is not allowed. Do some research and respect their cultural norms as a good gesture. The people of GB are very peaceful.
- Avoid any time of conflict with locals. It doesn’t mean compromising your right. Just avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Do not enter villages without prior permission. It may turn out to be embarrassing. Hanging in small villages is usually restricted.
These are some key points to keep in mind during your trip to Gilgit Baltistan. Following this not to-do list will help you enjoy yourself with grace.