Pakistan releases new political map. It maintains our principled position on self-determination for Kashmiris while strengthening Pakistan’s claim over all parts of the erstwhile territory of the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Key features of the new map are as follows:
1. Pakistan has now extended its international border eastwards along the border between IIOJK and India. It leaves the LAC as undefined territory subject to the settlement of the Kashmir dispute under UN resolutions.
2. It formally extends the LOC to Karakoram Pass as per our stand under the Karachi Agreement and WB is shown to demonstrate territory where India is illegally occupying territory.
3. We have also maintained and now represented our principled position on Sir Creek according to Sindh Government agreement with the State of Kutch in 1914 demarcating the boundary on the Eastern Bank of the Sir Creek securing our claim on all the waters of the creek and EEZ.
4. Pakistan has formally shown the boundary between GB and AJK leaving their eastern borders open, which will be finalized on the settlement of the Kashmir dispute under UN resolutions.
5. Our claim on Junagadh and Manavadar has once again been reinforced. Both territories were illegally occupied by India.